Sunday, September 22, 2013

say good-bye to abs of steel and hello to stomach of steel.

A really good quality trait to have in a forein country is being able to eat whatever is put in front of you. Where I am now, I have to eat whatever is given to me, even if it is white bread, like a lot of it, every day ( hence the good-bye to abs of steel) and other good little treats like the cow toungue I had this afternoon, or soda, which I really just don't like. ...oh yeah, and at times, we might be given river water (thank you filtered water bottle) but the good news is, I have yet to have stomach problems (unlike my companions) and I can pretty much down anything (thank you boy scouts). My companion considers my ability to eat on demand a talent. I would have to agree. I try to work out pretty intense for my 30 minutes every morning, but eating cake 6 times in a week is sorta rough for the waist line, a 15 year old member girl even had to make a comment that I need to watch my figure. How am I supposed to do that when she gives me cake and soda twice a week. pff 1st world missionary problems.
The other day I might have gotten trapped in our bathroom by our sketchy closet that spontaneously leans over everynow and again. I had to wait a couple minutes for my companion to respond to my little pleas for help.  

And we might have used a piece of the wood from that sketchy shelf to add to our fire for smores. and we MIGHT have had the opportunity to lay in a couple hammocks in the past two days and drink pine apple juice ( I promise, we do work)
ps, fitting 3 hermanas in one big hammock can be tricky, but we got skillz.

I got the opportunity to lead the music in church this sunday. Which is a lot harder to do in spanish, with out a piano, and when you have to sing the first line a capella to the whole branch. Well, I thought I was pretty good at leading music, until they change the song two seconds before and I couldn't figure out what the tune was/which song it was for a couple of seconds, or that I didn't signal for people to stand up for the rest hymn ( which we don't do in my home ward) and the last song...well, story has it it is also in the english hymn book, but I don't think I have ever sang it in my life, but I did it, and I'm pretty sure it was right (thank you sight reading skills)

We had another baptism this week! and we have some more in the near future!
We see little miracles every day in our lives. weather it is a bus that comes promptly, lack of sprained ankles, medicine, remembering keys, having somewhere to go to the bathroom, or some random dude that knows where this lady lives that we are trying to contact. 

Sometimes I have neat little realizations...this one is that a mission is kinda like a mini plan of salvation. We get "our call" you get to go to earth, this time, this place, this language. Then you get assigned a family (my companions and district) you have to learn how to talk and need to be taken care of at every turn. You grow up, learn the gospel, share the gospel, help others, in the mission case, watch people make covenants, have a LOT of learning experiences, and endure to the end, and then you return back, to be judged, and receive your glory. Sometimes I think about the time that I'll be where my companion, hermana ceballos is right now, just a few short weeks from going back home, and I think to myself, what will I want to be feeling/thinking then? what do I need to do now to be able to have that feeling of satisfaction by the time 18 months rolls around? I have a lot to work on, but I need to keep takin it one day at a time with an end goal in mind. 

Well, I think that is good for this week. I'm sure I'll have more stories to share next week.
con amor, Hermana Hutchins

shout out to my little sis Becca, turning 14 this week! crazy! ps, if you write me, I'll write you back.
and to my friend Steph Rimmasch who we've been good friends for....10 years now. pilas (cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment