Thursday, November 28, 2013

is there really such a thing as just a normal week in Guatemala?

nothing super crazy happened this week. I had to spend a lot of time at members houses just resting and reading. They don't want me to over do it as I recover from pnemonia. Hermana Watts has me on a new diet of low sugar, lots of water, a bit extra sleep, and carefulness. I am feeling much better with the pnemonia stuff, just a bit of heaviness in my chest and a cough on occasion. I take some antibiotics and ibuprofen and just take things a bit easier, but sometimes it's hard to slow down my lead comp, she's a doer, but I love it!

We had a zone conference with presidente watts and hermana Watts. It was sooooo good! It was really neat to learn about how to use the baptismal question more effectively and how to explain and introduce it. It's pretty nice to have this training, I feel like we will be doing some good work and seeing some good improvement in our selves too. 

I have times of difficulty for me, as a missionary. I am learning more about emotional strength, and how to cope with times of sadness or struggle. Somehow, there are always those notes, letters, people, books, quotes, video clips, conferences, talks, etc. that seem to come at just the right moment. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for this support. I am grateful for the answered prayers and support. 

well, I wrote my mom a lot, so I don't have any more time here. ...a big thanks goes to elise bowen for writing me a dear elder! apparently it's free. yall should look into that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment