Monday, March 24, 2014

Not your average service progect

We got a neat opportunity to make bricks this week. not your normal zone service progect I'd have to say. It's pretty much like when you were a kid. Dirt, Water, and since we are really legit, some weeds/straw. put it all in a big pile, mix it up, and put it in it's mold and let it cook in the sun. after you do that and make 800+ then you get to make a house. We all got some  good sunburns, this one guy called my comp moreno. which means brown-skinned. He really thought that she is like, totally different than me..whelp...we are both pretty white if you ask me. 

We had a really good zone conference this week. Our zone leaders shared with us some things from their special meeting with the mission predident ( I have no idea what it is called in english) They talked about the standard of excellence, goals, and reaching those goals, and not being hesitant to set higher goals and reach those. 

Another thing that really hit me was the dats that they told us about the hours of searching for new investigators, and the number of new investigators. Recently president watts set a goal as a mission that we could all find 20 new investigators in a particualr week. I don't think everyone found 20. but as a mission, we trippled the number of new investiators than what we normally do. That was neat to see happen. But then he made a comment after, "ok, was that an EVENT, or a CHANGE?" I think we can all apply this question in our lives. all of us are trying to improve and do good things. We try to be more patient, get good grades, loose weight, find new investigators (remember we should ALL be helping to find new investigators) and well, be more like Christ. After some good work and sacrifice, we may tend to look back, feel like we did a good job for that portion of time and then slip right back to where we were. 

I recently came across a hand out I received in mia maids and have kept all of these years. This lesson was impactful and on the back I wrote some goals of things that I need to improve, sadly, I still struggle in these same things. I have goals to really really change for the better, and well, perserverar hasta el fin. (endure to the end) 

That is what being a member of thet Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is all about. Becoming better people, and helping others do so as well. 

I know that this church is true.  I've gotten to the point where I have convinced myself (or  I suppose the spirit) that it isn't anyother way. I am in the Church of Jesus Christ, He is real, and THIS is His church. 

May we all continue building the kingdom of God on the earth (even if it is going to be built mud brick by mud brick)


No comments:

Post a Comment